Why We Are Different
We believe budgeting is a discipline more than it is a features list. That discipline is grounded in a belief system for budgeting, one that we built our entire company around. At XLerant, our company and product match that belief system. So, while other organizations will talk about features and functions, we want to talk about our beliefs and determine if you believe what we believe. If you do, then we you are a good fit for us and we will make you successful. If you don't, then XLerant is probably not right for your organization.
XLerant on Budget Intelligence Any budget application can roll up numbers. Any budgeting application can input data. Any budgeting system can have reporting and analysis. Any budgeting system operates from a central database. Any system in the world can look like Excel (the question is why would you want it to?).
We believe in Budget Intelligence, which means “built-in budgeting smarts” to facilitate usability and better user ownership.
What does that entail?
- A Turbo-Tax like interface for non-financial people that walks them through the budgeting and forecasting process
- Situational Budgeting allowing each user to budget their department the way they think about it
- Special Initiative Budgeting that allows for budgeting for projects and initiatives that touch multiple accounts
- Comparison “watchbox” to allow department heads to understand where they are versus targets
- Allocations, drivers, and imbedded calculations
- Account Pegging which allows users to specify specific needs by month without changing annual totals
- Security by specific functions and specific data
- Intelligent and flexible spreading of annual numbers into monthly numbers so that actual versus budget comparison is meaningful
- Detailed Salary Planning
- Documentation, Justification, Notes & Annotations
- Asset Planning that properly accounts for new requests and keeps a complete list of what was requested, by whom and when the asset is to be deployed
- Guided What-If Analysis to allow users to test various assumptions on the budget
- Audit trails for proper checks and balances
- Forecasting which is the process of marrying together actuals as they become available with the budget and allowing for adjustments
- Simple integration with ERP, HR and other systems
- Automated Workflow and Approval Process
- Elegant and flexible budgeting and management reporting to accommodate production reporting, report books and special requests for information and analysis.
- Parameter driven set-up and maintenance that eliminates the need for programming by the finance department.