Who We Are For
If you are wondering if you are a good fit for XLerant, here are the four most critical criteria that we are interested in:
- You want to get greater participation in and ownership of the budget numbers from your non-financial department heads.
- While improving user flexibility, you also want to improve the financial controls in your budget process.
- You want to get your financial people out of the business of programming and managing data and spreadsheets in Excel.
- You are interested in using Excel, completely within the confines of the application, for things it is good at, like specific calculations and analysis.
- Line managers view budgeting as a chore
- People budget to history or politics not to strategy
- Lack of familiarity with system causes frustration
- Lack of realistic spreading flexibility causes frustration
- No effective way to do salary planning (70% of costs yet done outside budgeting system)
- Managers think in terms of their business initiatives not Chart of Accounts by time period
- Users don't know where they are in the process (versions and against target)
- And then, financial people try to lock down spreadsheets